GBWC 2014 General Information
Host Countries & Regions
13 countries & regions
- Hong Kong
- Indonesia, Australia
- North America
GBWC2014 will be held after March 2014 in each country/region.
* Application deadline and dates of preliminary competitions vary by location. Details will be published on GUNDAM.INFO.
(1) Open Category: ages 15 and up (Date of birth : before December 31st, 1999)
(2) Junior Category: ages 14 and under (Date of birth : after January 1st, 2000)
*1. Contestants must fullfill the age limit at the time of entry.
*2. The competition will be held only in those two categories listed above.
■ National competition
Entries to the competition can be made via either Website entry or Walk-in entry.
Overlapping entries may be disqualified.
Please follow the instructions to submit an entry via Website entry form.
One winner in each category will be selected by a group of judges from BANDAI including Master Kawaguchi. The winners will receive a paid trip to the national competition.
Website competition regulation
Please upload three images of your model via Website entry form. All the images must follow the criteria listed below.
- Image 1 (front view): Front facing image of the model.
- Image 2 (back view): Back facing image of the model.
- Image 3 (supplementary picture): Selling point of the model.
*All images must be 2MB or smaller, must be in JPEG format.
Please make sure that the images are of good quality. Entries with low quality images may be disqualified.
*Contestants are fully responsible for any cost of internet access and data fees for entry.
Please follow the instructions to register in advance before you bring your model to the event. Your model will be displayed in the event space.
*The selected models via Website entry will also be displayed in the event space.
The models will be judged by the group of judges from BANDAI including Master Kawaguchi, modelers and experts appointed by BANDAI. The criteria for judging will be its craftsmanship, painting and idea (concept) .
Winners from each of the national competitions will be entered into the international competition at Japan by the end of this year. (The GBWC2013 World Finals was held at "Gundam Front Tokyo" in Japan on December 22nd. Details will be announced later.)
*The trip to the World Championship in Japan including travel and accommodation costs will be paid by BANDAI.
(One winner in each of the Open and Junior categories per country)
The models will be evaluated and the world champion will be selected by the group of judges from BANDAI including Master Kawaguchi, the editors from Hobby Japan, Dengeki Hobby Magazine and Model Graphix.
The following prizes will be given to each of the separate category winners from first to third place.
(1) Special Prize
(2) HG RX-78-2 GUNDAM Ver.G30th black smoke clear Ver.
・The first place winners in national competitions
One winner from each of the categories
(1)Plaque (It will be given at the World Championship)
(2)GBWC 2014 World Championship entry qualification (Paid trip to the competition including accommodation)
*1. Open category national competition winners will be awarded with a trip to the international competition in Japan, including travel and accommodation costs paid for by BANDAI.
*2. Junior category national competition winners and their guardians (one person per winner) will be awarded with a trip to the World Championship in Japan including travel and accommodation costs paid for by BANDAI.
* BANDAI is not responsible for anyone's traveling costs other than the ones listed above.
(3)Invitation to GBWC 2014 Party
・The winners in GBWC 2014 World Championship (The following prizes will be given to each of the separate category winners from first to third place.)
- Open Category 1st place: GBWC 2014 gold trophy and prize.
- Open Category 2nd place: GBWC 2014 silver trophy and prize.
- Open Category 3rd place: GBWC 2014 bronze trophy and prize.
- Junior Category 1st place: GBWC 2014 gold trophy and prize.
- Junior Category 2nd place: GBWC 2014 silver trophy and prize.
- Junior Category 3rd place: GBWC 2014 bronze trophy and prize.
・Please read the rules listed below with your guardian before entry.
Submissions will be accepted under the assumption that you have obtained your guardians consent.
- To be eligible to enter to the competition, an individual entrant must reside in the areas of the competition at the time of entry.
- Minor entrants must have guardian's consent.
- Both pro's and amateur's are eligible.
- Limit of one entry per person. (If both web and carry-in entries are available at your location, please choose one)
- The model must be made by the entrant.
- The model must be in dimensions no larger than 50cm x 50cm x 50cm. (19.68in x 19.68in x 19.68in)
- The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI (use of copied and counterfeit products are prohibited)
- We prohibit the entry of a works which encroach or may encroach upon any third party's portrait rights, intellectual property rights such as copyright and any other rights.
(i.e.: No company logos, trademarks, or product lettering (etc.) may be used (unless prior permission has been obtained from the rights-holder).
The entrant will be fully responsible for its settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models. The entrant is also responsible for compensations for any damages for BANDAI and or the third parties.
- BANDAI has the right to disqualify the entry or delete images from the website if the model is or may be considered as listed below.
- Work which is contrary to morality or public order.
- Work which contains personal information.
- Work which contains slanderous expressions toward certain persons or groups.
- Work which is mimicked or copied off of someone else's work.
- Work which infringes on a third-party's copyright.
- Inappropriate works which is not consistent with the purpose of this competition.
Handling of the submitted work
■Submitted images of your work will not be returned.
■Handling of the actual work (plastic models) will be listed below.
(a) Winning works of Web entry and the national competitions
- You may be disqualified from the World Championship if the work has been significantly altered or modified after winning Web entry or national competition. BANDAI has all the rights to its decision.
- Power supply/connection for display of your work may not be available at the event space.
- BANDAI is not responsible for batteries and maintenances.
- The work will be returned to you 12 to 18 months after the competition for contest judging, event display and photo shoots. BANDAI will not pay for any rental/withholding fee for this period.
- Please keep your work for one year after we return it to you. Winning works may be asked to be displayed at future events etc.
- BANDAI is not responsible for any traveling costs associated with the personal collection of your work.
(b) Non winning works will be returned after judging.
- BANDAI will not bear any responsible for any damage or loss which occurs during shipping.
- The organizer will be extremely careful while handling your work, but we cannot fully guarantee its safety.
Use of submitted work by BANDAI and others
By entering, contestants agree to BANDAI and others who are appointed by BANDAI (us) to use submitted works (photograph, title, comments, winning models' images taken by us, images which were sent to us for the final judging and actual winning pieces) for the purposes listed below.
Contestants also agree to us deciding to release or not to release entrants' name, age, area of residency (states, prefecture and or equivalent to it) as information regarding the entrants.
- Publishing in BANDAI Hobby website, GUNDAM.INFO, other websites and publications (including domestic/international TVCM) which are operated/created by us.
- Publishing in mediums such as hobby magazines.
- Displaying at various events.
- Publishing in other forms for the purpose of promoting this competition and Gunpla.
- Contestants agree to us altering images by adjusting colors, cropping, correcting typographical errors in comments and title, editing comments etc. for the purposes listed above.
- The organiser will be extremely careful while handling your work, but we cannot fully guarantee its safety.
Announcement of results in each country
・The results are announced at each national competition. We will also make announcements on our website.
* We will not respond to any inquiries regarding the progress and/or the results of judging.
・By entering the competition, entrants agree to BANDAI using personal information in the conditions listed below.
1. Managing entries to this competition.
2. Contacting entrants to verify and/or to inform winning announcements as well as inquiry correspondence.
3. Displaying the submitted work with the contestant's name etc., as well as other purposes for using works.
・We do not share contestant's private information with third parties without entrants' agreement or under conditions that are necessary for fulfilling legal obligations, and to use for publications and other things that are listed on the official rules.
The below 4 categories are open to participants in eligible countries.
First to third place will be awarded in each category.
(It will be published on GUNDAM.INFO.)
- A: ages 0-10
- B: ages 11-14
- C: ages 15-20
- D: ages 21 and up
(These are the same criteria as the 2013 competition) Some countries may have differing criteria.